Translate

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Around the World in ___ Days

What does it take to plan a trip (for two) around the world?  I'm not completely sure, but I'm about to find out.  And if you're reading this, then hey, I guess you're coming with me.


Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

I hope that I can share information with others who are looking to plan an extended vacation, or any vacation at that.  I would also appreciate any information or helpful sites that you have found in your research.  If you're currently on a journey of this nature, or have returned from one, or are also planning for one, I would be grateful for your advice and findings!

A little background...

Ever since I studied abroad in Australia during my sophomore year of collge, I've longed to take another extended trip.  However, I wanted one without classes, without a typical job that would tie me down, and without too many plans so that I could move along to where I wanted, when I wanted.

Despite wanting a trip "without plans," here I am, writing about planning this trip.

But I digress.  It's been a longstanding dream, and now, in my mid/late (what constitutes late?) twenties, after two years of marriage, the purchase of a house, and a stable (seemingly) job, I've managed to convince my husband and myself that we can drop it all for six months to a year (depending on how long our money holds out) and pursue this dream that is grabbing each of us stronger each day.

I'm not thrilled about putting a set timeline on our trip, but it seems necessary, and helps make everyone else feel more comfortable with the idea.  So...(minimum) six months is a satisfactory statement.

That brings me to another issue/point/means of frustration (at times):  Everyone else.
That will be my next post...the people in our lives that we will be "leaving behind" and may or may not "get it."

2 comments:

  1. Seems like a great idea. I would thoroughly enjoy a trip like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous - Follow my journey, and start your own plan. I believe anyone can do this.

    ReplyDelete