Translate

Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Last "See You Tomorrow"

Tomorrow is my last day of work. Today as my coworkers and I left the office we (as usual) said "see you tomorrow!" And then it hit me...

Today was the last time I can say that. At least for a while.

It's bittersweet. I'm leaving my job for an absolutely incredible journey ahead, to achieve a dream I've been dreaming for a long time. But I like my job. I have fun with my coworkers. I feel good about what I do. I know, I know, I'm going to be traveling for four months! It's going to be amazing and I'm not at all regretting my decision, but I think it's ok to be a little sad to say goodbye to people. It would be weird if I didn't care at all, right?

So tomorrow is my last day. 

Maybe then it will hit me that we are leaving for four months in just a week? Or maybe it will take saying goodbye to my parents at the airport in Buffalo before boarding our flight to JFK? Maybe it will sink in while we're  in Miami? I'm thinking it's more likely that it won't sink in until we arrive in our first international destination, Ecuador. Maybe then. But really, we've been on a couple three week long vacations, so part of me doesn't think the true magnitude of our trip will hit me until after at least three weeks goes by and we start to realize that we don't have to end our "vacation" and head home.

Just another part of the adventure and unknown...

Regardless, I will miss the people at work that I am used to seeing every day. You've all been extremely supportive of me and my departure, and I truly appreciate it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment